Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Things That Happen To You In Lolita

Okay, I know a lot of people get good and bad reactions while wearing their frills, these topics are posted everywhere! Sometimes people say the funniest things about it, or tell you how cute you are, or give you strange looks, things like this happen all the time. My least favorite reaction is when someone asks if I am Little Bo Peep...I could be dressed from head to toe in black and they still ask...
A few weeks ago I got one of the funniest reactions to my Loli ever!

I was on the bus and trying to get to rehearsal, nothing unusual there, when this guy sitting in front and to my left does a double take when he sees me. And by that I mean I thought he was going to give himself whiplash and then our bus was going to have to take a trip to the ER.

He turns back around in his seat and sometimes nervously glances back every now and then, and that was okay, he didn't say anything mean. So to make life less awkward I plug in my headphones, since I've finally gotten my frilly self in order, and try to focus on prepping for rehearsal.

Then the guy glances at me again and actually looks relieved and waves a hand at me and starts talking. Me, I'm starting to think this guy is a nut but decide it's best to find out what he's saying before worrying if I have to switch buses.
What I heard made me laugh so hard!

He said he thought he had gone crazy and thought I was a hallucination or a ghost. It wasn't until he had seen me listening to my iPod that he realized I was from the here and now and not something to make him worry about his mental health.

I don't know about you but this, to me, was hilarious and made my day.

What are some of your experiences when you venture out in Loli? Post a comment, pour yourself a cup of tea, and enjoy the Bloody Tea Party!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so funny!
    I've been lucky myself and I've had a lot more positive reactions than negative. But the one time I do recall was when our local group went to the movies. Someone had recognized what we were wearing and pointed out "Oh look, it's lolita." I was so excited that I whipped around and flipped out, "Oh wow! You know what lolita is?" and she said, "uh... yeah?" OTL She looked at me as if I was crazy LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious, reversed roles in Loli! lol

      Delete