Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Frilled Out Sewing Party!


I haven't been able to do a lot of sewing lately, being too lackadaisical when I'm not running around on an errand, but that will hopefully change this weekend. I'm so excited, a good group of Loli friends and I are planning on having our own "bitch'n'stitch" this weekend, and I have the perfect mini~project for such an occasion.


I spy a peter pan collar and a circle skirt!


A half bonnet is, I think, the perfect project to work on in a small gathering with many people in petticoats. I know some of them are going to be working in the ruffles, as will I, but with all the fabric that's going to be on the floor and tables, I'm worried it may be a little too chaotic for the group of us to all have big projects, so I'm going small.

I'm way too excited about this whole thing...

I'll be packing my sewing kit, that in itself is necessary, with scissors, safety pins, buttons, pins and needles. In all honesty I forget a lot of things when I go to a sewing day with a friend, luckily she is more prepaired than I am. I will also be bringing a batch of cookies but haven't decided what type I want to make.

What would you bring?

I'll post pics along side the tutorial itself, I almost can't wait for this weekend!

What about you? Have you had any good sewing parties with your Loli community?

No comments:

Post a Comment