Monday, March 12, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened On A Walk Today...

This is another Things That Happen To You In Lolita segment. In Lolita we all know it can be a fascinating fashion but not everyone has the same opinion, and people are not always familiar with it. It's a fashion that takes guts, patience, and passion to wear it.

Now I'm not shy in the least, I like experimenting with my coordinates and wearing my own designs so I take chances knowing they may be eye~catching. This particular garment had to go through several remodelling and with outside reactions are an indications of how people feel about this jsk, it's heading in the right direction.


This is the coord I was wearing today:

You can't see but I have a bow in my hair...I just can't take my picture right ^^P

It's not all done yet, I would like to fit the bodice better, and I want to keep the heart shape that I made the darted the darn thing to imitate. I'm still not 100% happy with it but pretty impressed since I only had three yards of fabric. On a side note: This was the first jsk I ever made, only had 3 yards like I said and a seing maching that was practically broken. I didn't know what I was doing and never really did any sewing prior to this project unless it was by hand. Thinking back, I made this about 3 years ago!

Anywho, on to the story!!!!

Today was like any other, cleaned the house a bit, had lunch with the boyfriend, nothing out of the ordinary...until I went for a stroll around town.

So many people commented on how great my outfit was, saying it was cute or awesome or that they loved it. People walking down the street or even standing in line, one girl even knew I was wearing a Japanese street fashion, I got so many today I was feeling pretty good about it.

The icing on the cake however, and the funniest of all the reactions, I got was when a whole truck of firemen running errands spotted me and smiled at me. Not one or two firemen, a whole truck! Every seat was filed in there and they were coming from around a corner so even the guys in front had seen me and they all waved back amiably when I did. In my experience, younger men are usually don't comment well in regards to Loli, some just don't understand and ignore.

Funny thing, whole truck, filled with young firemen, smiling and waving.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, I'll being posting more if/when they happen. I do have one more slotted to go up soon, what about you have any funny experiences because of your Loli?

      Delete