Friday, April 6, 2012

It's COOKIE~TIME!!!

This past week I made cookies!!!

Yes, I am that excited, mainly because it felt somewhat productive, although I love to bake it is not something I do too often. I tried out a very interesting recipe one that I would like to alter and try in different ways soon.

It is strawberry oatmeal cookies, and the recipe I tried was very easy, like I said, I'm not too happy with it myself, but I still enjoyed it. They're supposed to be a healthy choice of cookie, they taste really good, but they were more bread like rahter than cookie. I am thinking of trying it out as a bread and adding bananas and blueberries, but I want to check out a few banana bread recipes to see the difference. Who knows...

Here's the recipe:


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.


Ingredients

  • 2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries                   
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup regular rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract






First, wash your strawberries. Delicious looking right? This recipe will most likely take a whole carton. Try to get carts with big strawberries, less bitter, more sweet.





Now cut 2 cups worth. Cut them finely, but I learned that may be a little overboard. Once you are finished chopping add 1/4 cup sugar to them and set aside.








Add the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon to a bowl and blend.












Add either rolled oats to the mix. (I added french vanilla granola...I regret nothing)










In a seperate bowl, add 3/4 cups packed brown sugar and 1/4 cup sugar to softened butter. Stir until smooth and peaky.
  •                    








Add the egg, milk, and vanilla to the sugar mixture.











Now add the strawberry mixture and sugar mixture to the flour mix. It should end up looking like this and yummy.










Plop generous spoonfuls onto a non~stick cookie sheet and stick in your oven. They should take about 8 to 10 minutes, but I left them in a little longer because of the texture.











This is how mine came out...








Well, I hope you enjoyed this post, and the cookies, they really are good and I hope you try them yourself. Another good idea for these cookies would be to add white chocolate to them, the possibilities are endless! If you try them out let me know what you thought. A fruity strawberry tea would go very well with this...maybe served cold...enjoy ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment