Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake, Cream On Top, Tell Me The Name Of Your Sweetheart ♪

I made Strawberry Shortcake!!!

This past week has been a bit of a baking week, what with shortbread cookies and a shortcake. I don't know why, but I've definitely up'd the baking hobby, sometime tomorrow, I plan on doing macaroons. I've just prepped the eggs leaving them at room temperature for 2 days. It's necessary. 

This recipe has been turning into a tried and true favorite for both me and my friends and family. I would suggest putting this one in your recipe books, but that is only my opinion.

Try it for yourself and see how you like it.

♡Ingredients♡

♥3 pints fresh strawberries♥
♡1/2 cup white sugar♡
♥2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour♥
♡4 teaspoons baking powder♡
♥2 tablespoons white sugar♥
♡1/4 teaspoon salt♡
♥1/3 cup shortening♥
♡1 egg♡
♥2/3 cup milk♥
♡2 cups whipped heavy cream♡

☆Directions☆

★Preheat your oven to 425F ☆Next, wash your strawberries, semi~dry them, and the cut them if you want to. Take into consideration how you want your cake to look if you wish to decorate it with different cuttings. Put them in a box and add 1/2 cup of sugar with them, close the lid then shake to evenly distribute the sugar.







★In your main bowl combine you flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, and salt if you're using unsealed butter. I'm not so I'm skipping that step.












☆With a butter knife or fork cut the shortening into the mix until it starts to look crumbly.









★Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk in the well. Combine until just mixed.




☆Grease and flour whatever container you're using. I used a heart shaped silicone cake pan. A cute idea for a meet~up would be a cupcake pan, but don't use wraps if you want to half them and put whip cream and strawberries in the middle. You can use cups after. Again, just a cute idea....








★Bake at 425F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. ☆once you take it out and remove it from your baking pan let it sit on a wire rack until partially cool to cut. I didn't do that step because I didn't want to.

★Decorate your half and top with strawberries and you can use your whipped cream as a glue. I used whipping cream and did it by hand. You don't need to use anything special but a whisk, or you can use a hand mixer, whichever is fine.  If you do it by hand prepare for it taking a bit and, whatever you use, be careful of over whisking! If you whisk the whipping cream too much it will turn into butter, so just get it to be peaky.

For tubing purposes, you can easily use a ziploc bag with the tip cut off to tube the cream, alas, I had none and had to use a bit of syran wrap with the same thought. It was a little difficult and can't promise anything pretty, but my cake turned out fine. ^_^




☆Top, whip, have fun and enjoy your shortcake!


No comments:

Post a Comment