Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite Things: Blouses (Part I: High Collars)

Hey there!!!

It's been a while since I've done one of these so I figured, it's about time for one.

Blouses are difficult for me to make. I'm still working on my first and I'm still shaking my head at my own nerdy impulse to improvise or throw away a partern mid~use, but I still can't wait to figure it out.

Every detail is important for each individual blouse, in my opinion. The collar can't be too frilly, the lace has to be just right, the length of the blouse torso needs to be just right, and everyone has there own preference for something.

I like short sleeves. I think they are cute and still can be elegant and you can wear wristcuffs or bracelets or whatever on your wrists without taking anything away from the blouse itself. Long sleeves just get in the way sometimes, I mean I still like them but they have to be just right.

None of that three quarter sleeves stuff. That kind of throws me. It's like you have to decide whether you should or shouldn't wear anything on your wrists for fear of overpowering things, and possibly making your arms look too short.

I'm sure there is a three quarter sleeve somewhere that wont make me feel that but I haven't found it.

Cute, delicate, and just sweet enough. There is a meet we will be doing here soon that I think this
blouse would be perfect for...planning coordinate...

IW just wants to own my soul I think. This is lovely in every color. 

I love the fact that you can have long or short sleeves with this one. I love the cravat design as well.

Delicate in fabric and just enough lace. IW definitely does lovely high collar blouses.

I need one like this! I would use a different bow at the neck though...but this is probably my favorite. I'd need one in every color.
I really like the detail of this one on the collar. You can see it better on Lolibrary.org. It makes me wonder though...how do you put it on if the front and back don't seem to have any fasteners to undo?

Yup. My soul is on the table now. Another Innocent World pretty. The lace at the collar looks softer up close.

The pleats on this one are lovely and dainty. This would go well with high~waisted skirts and underbust jsks just so you could see enough of the detail.

Well, that's all I'm going to drool over for today. I need to pick myself up and actually get cracking on one of my sewing projects.

Oh and before I go, I made a FB account to focus on my Lolita stuff.

I post mostly in pics whatever I may see and want or blog updates (if you read my blog you will know I wont spam you) and get to know a little more about little Rhodey Lolis.

Just look up Madeline Hatter on Facebook.



2 comments:

  1. You have excellent taste in blouses. I'm a huge IW fan though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      From this post I realized I'm actually very picky about blouses. They have to be just right. I need to get cracking on making blouses.

      Delete