Monday, July 2, 2012

Lolita Runway Challenge: Part I

I'm submitting my entry to ABC Lolita!

The challenge is to make a replica of any Baby the Stars Shine Bright tartan jumperskirts, and she lists several in her blog post.

I am really excited about it. I think it will really help me improve my skills and my drive to sew with a schedule to really stick too.

Here's what I've got:

I've been toying around with a few design ideas and I realized there are several details I can't seem to get away from in several Btssb Tartan Jsks.

Peaking ruffles under scalloped hems, ruffle underskirts, cap sleeves, two small ribbons where straps and bodice meet, big ribbon under bib collar.

For specifics, I did a breakdown of exactly what I took from where.


I want the ruffled cap straps and ribbons on this jsk.


I usually don't like the scallops on the tartan jsks I've seen so far, but this one sold me.



I want the bibbed collar and three paneled front and sides of this one, the big ribbon in front, but no lace trim at the bottom.

 This part is my biggest debate, the rufflebutt bustle, I think it would look good all together and I don't need an outer ruffle for the tarten fabric.

That's my entry, I hope everyone likes it and roots for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment