Monday, July 9, 2012

Picnic In The Park!

Last week, I really got to baking up a storm!

We had a picnic in the park, for which I made several desserts that I believe were a hit, at least everyone eating all the strawberry doughnuts I made was a hit...I think...I like strawberries...

Moving on!

For this little outing I made three desserts. Strawberry doughnuts, strawberry cupcakes, and madelienes.

Here is the Madelienes:

★Ingredients★

☂2 eggs
☂3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
☂1/8 teaspoon salt
☂1/3 cup white sugar
☂1/2 cup all-purpose flour
☂1 tablespoon lemon zest (this is what the recipe calls for, I didn't do this)
☂1/4 cup butter
☂1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration

☀Directions☀

♪ Preheat your oven to 375.
♪ Butter and Flour your Madeleine molds then set aside.
♪ This step should be unnecessary, but I forget to prep sometimes...melt your butter then let it cool to room temp.
♪ In a small mixing bowl, beat your eggs, salt, and vanilla until lighting color.
♪ Continue to beat and gradually add your sugar, beating until you have what looks like ribbons in your mix. It's that part where it looks like cake batter and you can drizzle the mix! It will take a bit so 5 to 10 minutes if you have an electric mixer, more if you don't have one.
♪ Next, sift your flour into the mix, a third at a time, and fold over a new section, all to prevent clumping.
♪ Add your lemon zest.
♪ Gently, add your butter around the edges, folding it into the mix.
♪ Use a tablespoon and pour the mix into your prepped pan to the point where they plump over the pan.
♪ Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until they plump back when you gently press the tops.
♪ Use a knife to gently wedge edges free and flip pan onto cooling wrack.
♪ While still cooling, sprinkle some powdered sugar over them. I made mine for a little tea party with a few friends

I also hear you can switch out 2 tablespoons of flour for 1/4 cup cocoa powder and add a 1/2 cup more  sugar for chocolate Madeleines...sounds good, I think I may have to test this.

I can't seem to find the pictures I took for the steps...but I'm pretty sure you get the idea. So instead I'll just post pics of the day!!!!

Also before you flare in frilly anger, I leave a note of disclaimer, our little group is open to everyone, whether people are only just testing the waters to see what Lolita is about, or more into visual kei and or even cosplay. If you can't hang out on a lovely day in the park with friends and need to stick to


Alright, time to figure out what part of the park has a buried treasure!

Here is a lovely SweetOkashi. She doesn't know I'm taking pics of her, taking pics of pretty birdies.

There were so many ducks here is was so lovely to see! We even had a crane make a cameo, he flew right by us onto that other bank.

Picnic!!!!

Sociables. The snack for socializing Lolis. lol

Taken during the photo shoot with the random photographer.

It's really lovely here.

I'm a geek. I love this pic!

So that's it for today...No Madeleine pics but some fun in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment