Friday, March 29, 2013

LBC: Pick A Type Of Animal And Make A Coord Around It


Du duh...du duh...du duh. dududaduuuuuuuuuhhhhh!!!

This week on Lolita Blog Carnival: We have the majestic peacock wandering the great loli woods!


It's just such a beautiful creature that we should create a lovely coord around it!

I was not as excited about this post, surfing the web trying to think of what animal would be good to choose, trying not to choose an obvious favorite. (I imagine a lot of kitties, bunnies, and bats) It was by chance that I stumbled upon this particular animal and thought about a few perfectly particular pieces in my own wardrobe.

Now I will need to search around for a few pieces, because I think this would be a truly lovely coord to pull off, but of the pieces I do have it makes me excited!

So I have two versions with some of the same items and some I would love to make or buy.

This version is without a blouse but a bolero:
 
Peacock feathers and hand~made necklace (made by me).
Metamorphose JSK.
Juliette et Justine Princesse Dans Forêt Bolêro
Metamorphose Swan Checkered OTKs

Obviously Angelic Pretty Tea Parties


This version is fairly simple. The reason I choose the navy jsk was to mimic the body of a peacock itself. The green in the bolero was perfect to imitate the peplume of the feathers and is why I couldn't resist to make two versions of the peacock coord. I also loved the look of this particular bolero, it's regal and lovely looking, strong and yet delicate, which reminds me of the peacock tail.

The beads in the necklace share all of the same colors in the feathers and I just happened to realize I had this hanging around in my jewelry box. The necklace also draws attention to the throat and compliments the bolero. I want to make a headdress with the feathers I also realized I had to match, in a conotier style.

As for the socks, the green and cream diamond shapes mimic the shapes within the feathers and which are what makes the peacock a revered animal in India due to their shape being referred to as the "Eye of God," which is a pretty neat fact. The shoes I went with brown tea parties for simplicity sake.

Round Two: Same dress, mostly same reasons!

Innocent World Bonnet

Metamorphose Navy JSK
&
Alice and the Pirate Blouse
Baby The Stars Shine Bright Diamond OTKs
Same Angelic Pretty Tea Parties...

This shows another fun combination that can be fitting for a peacock but only in color and focus. The green in the bonnet mimics the green in the feathers. The gold and cream diamond socks help amplify the bright yellow/gold surrounding the green in the feathers. The shoes are for the same reasons as before.

The main point of this coord though is all the layers and trails. The ornate collar and sleeves of the blouse to mimic the details of the tail, all done in a creamish golden color. The bell sleeves, in particular, remind me of when the peacocks feathers are un~fanned and trailing behind them.

The reason I choose the bonnet though may seem a mystery at first, but it reminds me of the tail as well. When the peacock fans out it's tail it sits like a bonnet and this mint one was chosen for it's lovely green to match.

I know this is a lot of material, but I'm quite happy with how this post turned out, it was much more fun and exciting than I had first imagined it to be. And though my coords are simply, I am definitely wanting to prepaire both coords for my own daily wear.

That's it for this weeks Lolita Blog Carnival!



If you'd like to learn more about this particular group you can learn here on ther fb page.

And don't forget to check out the other lovely Lolis who took part in this weeks topic. You can visit their pages here:









 

No comments:

Post a Comment