Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rufflecon! And Some Updates

So, I got a VIP ticket to Rufflecon, baby, wooooo!

I know this was more of a last week kind of post because they sold out sometime last week for VIP but I'm still excited.

For a little about Rufflecon you can go and visit their webpage. This is the first Lolita and Alternate fashion con in the Northeast and it will be held in Connecticut which is only a short ways a way from us Rhode Island Lolita's.



I have so much planned and just as much going on. I started working on the other blog page Frill Seekers and this time we're using it as a platform for some of us frilly RI girls to blog about our fun and ecxcitment and intrepid journey to Rufflecon.

This will be my very first time ever out and about with just friends out of state for a weekend....No family. No boy. I feel like this is a small milestone in my life I have missed out on without realizing it....f^_^;

Anywho, I'm off and running like a wildcat! I feel so energized and pumped and really can't wait. I have a zillion things going through my head. I want to do a panel, sewing projects, and enter the fashion show, I just feel a little self conscious about a few things and I want to kick that mentality out the door. 

We shall see what Rufflecon shall bring through the year. I'll be posting here and in Frill Seekers so be sure to check my friends and I out there, too. 

In other news, I finally finished my fraken bonnet. I know! It's been like over a year since I started that project, but lack of direction and making it out of scratch and no pattern is a butt, however since I now know it's super easy and I feel dumb.

I have plans for another one but in creams and golds and all those pretty colors, so now I'm drafting out another pattern. 

I also have 5 new dress patterns I'm working on. I am determined to get things done quicker and more efficiently and really hone my craft. I want to start a teeny indie brand and I'm tired of feeling inadequate about my work. I can do this, I've been learning and working on these things for years, it''a about time I got down to business, as it were.

Okay cupcakes, that's all for now, I've got so much to do and very little time to do it in. 

Wish me luck and tip a cup to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment