Monday, April 28, 2014

Lolita Blog Carnival: A Lolita Coordinate Based On A Constellation

Hiya lovelies!

This weeks LBC topic is......drumroll please.......

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'☆Make A Coordinate Based On A Constellation!☆'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

I wanted to really give this topic a lot of attention, I have been thinking about it all week and kept changing my mind from one constellation to another.  In the long run, however, I kept going back to my initial choice. 

★Leo★



Part of the reason was because I was the most familiar with it aside from Ursa Major and Minor, of course, and the other simply because that is my zodiac sign and have had a natural curiousity for it since I was little.

Not saying all the other constellations aren't cool, but I kept coming up with really nice ideas in my head that I would like to try out. And for all these thoughts and constellations to choose from I kept coming up with some really nice coord ideas for Leo.

There are things I find fascinating about the constellation itself. The fact that across continents, cultures, and times, Leo the lion has been seen and called lion by many.  The Persians called him Ser or Shir, the Turks named him Artan, the Syrians, Aryo; the Jewish, Arye; the Indians, Simha (which to me sounds a little like simba, I'm not going to lie and think that's kind of cool), but through all these names they all mean "lion" which I think is really neat. 




I used a bit of different imagery to pick out coord ideas from a few different tarot cards and astrology as well. The story behind Leo is that he was the Nemean lion whom Greek mythological hero Hercules had to kill as part of one of his twelve labors. After the lion was killed The Greek god Zues raised the lion up into the stars as tribute for all to see.

Leo constellation inspired coord

In almost every tarot in correlation to Leo there are an abundance of flowers, and most noteworthy a sunflower, which happens to be the flower of Leo, so I went with these really delicate sunflower earrings. Sunflowers aren't the only type of flowers used in Leo imagery so I went a little crazy with a floral circlet that I thought would match well with the colors I used. 

The color red and fire are always used in imagery associated with Leo as well so I tried to stay within that color scheme with a red Jsk from Atelier Pierrot. And you will undoubtably notice how in the jewelry there are splashes of greens, most notably in the ring, I used peridot since it is the stone of August, Leo's zodiac month.

I thought using one of gothic lolita wigs would be particularly fitting especially since it made it look more like a lions mane. Lucky for me, this is the only style I would not need a wig to replicate, however my hair would need a bit of taming on it's own.

The Angelic Pretty blouse's collar and sleeves are what really caught my eye. I thought it would be close enough to the cream on the jsk and yet the style was straight forward enough but airy which would add to the ethereal look of the whole coord.

This is only one of the many ideas I came up with and would love to keep working with this idea. If you were to choose, what constellation would you go with and what would you coord it as?


If you want to see some other lovely coords made for this blog carnival, check them out in the links below!



No comments:

Post a Comment