Friday, December 19, 2014

LBC: Personal Lolita Goals For 2015

Every year I look at what's happened, coordinates I've made, sewing and crafting projects I've completed, and meets I've attended or hosted. There seems to be a few things that I always set aside in hopes to do but they always seem more meet up related. This weeks LBC involves blogging about our personal Lolita goals for next year.

★ Hosting More Extravagant or Intriguing Meet Ups 

This is always one of the biggest goals for me. I love being going places that have an interesting bit of history or decorations or involve having an activity to do. I think it works as a good ice breaker, especially if you are new and haven't met anyone in your local comms yet, and the location offers to open dialogue or is simply pleasing/interesting to be around.

This past August, one of my dear friends and I hosted an afternoon tea at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast. It included a house tour as well as having the afternoon tea which was held in the dinning room amongst some of the artifacts of the house and case files tucked away on display in the cabinet. There were prizes and games and intriguing, only one meet of a few like this, but I hope to do more or attend more in 2015.




★Having More Mini-Meets★

As much as I LOVE bigger more detailed meets I also miss and would love to go to more mini-meets at one of my comms local haunts. My comm has a lot of lovely frilly people and are certainly welcome to these but I do miss going with a few of my closer frillies and just enjoy cupcakes and tea.

 
Short. Simple. Sweet.

 
★Sewing More Outfits And Crafting★
 
Now that I have my serger up and going I have been running mad through my fabric stashes and cutting out different styles of jsks and ops and blouses. I have 4 I can complete without having to run to the fabric store, which is almost impossible! And as for crafting I've been beading and making headdresses for prizes or to wear for different meets so...



I would like to make more outfits and pieces for myself for meets and maybe create a stock to start a small store.

★Better Coords★

My cords are not the best. I do tend to wear Lolita every time I go out that I am not working and I don whatever happens to floats my boat that day but it doesn't mean I'm very good at coordinating. I would simply like to improve my cords, hair, and my make up skills.

Daily

Planned
★Blog More★
 
I'd like to blog more, improve my writing and share. I keep meaning to make more posts but I get caught up with other things...sewing...kitties...piano...you know the usual life stuff. But I enjoy blogging so I'd like to do more.
 
★Take More Pictures★
 
Whether at meet ups or simple coord shots I sometimes forget I have a camera and forget to use it even if I want to catch a memory or moment that I'm cherishing. But I suppose that's just it I'm in the moment so much that I forget which is okay too. And to couple with this thought I need to learn to pose and take better pictures. I'm just so derpy!
 
 
★Buy Mo' Brand★
 
Any color but really looking for the red.
 
Okay so this is what everyone more or less wants but getting a few more dream dresses and staple pieces (I need to make or buy a lavender blouse to match the black Night Fairy Fantasia!) would be great.
 
Something like this would be close to ideal.


 

This weeks LBC seems to have inspired quite a few bloggers and I'm super excited to see such a huge response. Check them out!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment