Saturday, January 31, 2015

Gotta Get Back To Rufflecon!!!!

The day has finally arrived! We just got our first update for RC 2015 and I am already going batty.

Last year's program pic, artwork: Jessica Leung

What's RC, you ask? Why, it's only the Northeast's first and only elegant and alternative fashion conference!

 
Though it is a highly Lolita populated convention that is not the only fashion to attend. Visual~Kei, Dolly~Kei, Aristocrat, Steampunk, Goth, and a multitude of other alternate fashions are in toe sporting their best looks. I also heard that they were looking to pack in more for the gentlemen who attend.


Guest designers and panels were fun and exciting and the fashion show was probably my most favorite planned event of the entire con. And the fun and shenanigans didn't stop there so I can't wait to see what's happening when they update further.


You may think I'm going a teeny bit over board...but I'm not the only one, cause it was that awesome!!!

 
My local come is at it again and we're planning things similar to last year and we've already hit the ground running. From coordinate planning and our own personal scheduling, we have started listing things in posts so we can all be on point for plans. And from what I'm seeing on the boards and on my feed from others I've connected with last year, we aren't the only ones.

 
Last year, I think in coords alone I had 5 different ones planned out and executed with maybe one minor hitch on Sunday. That goes to shows how active this con can be and it had only been 2 1/2 days!!! This year it's going on for 3 1/2 and I've already planned 4 coordinates, if you can believe it, with at least 2 being handmade. And to top it all off, everyone looked pretty darn fabulous last year and I think people are going to set new highs.

Photo Credit: EastCoastPocketPrincess

Plans this year for BTP is to have a few clothing items and accessories up at the remote table. I've already started putting things together for an online shop, as I've mentioned in past post. I want to get out there and share some frilliness. I also hope to do the fashion show again and one of the other shows as well, maybe a handmade contest and the talent show, but we shall see.
 

The dates have changed a little but it is the first weekend of October, the 2nd to the 4th. You can find out more about it here along with updates from last year. It's going to be bigger and grander than even before as last year was just a sort of prelude of what's to come. So get on board and get planning!

You know you wanna go!

No comments:

Post a Comment