Friday, March 13, 2015

LBC: Dream Panels For A Lolita Convntion

I could name quite a few panels I would LOVE for a lolita convention and so just to name and describe a few of them they'd be these:

♥︎Care Of Brand Garments♥︎

Which would detail washing instructions and symbols and pieces that bleed, anything really that relates to cleaning tips and storage. This does have a very important place for anyone in the fashion and I think would be a very important panel to do. And I think anyone who doe such a panel should make their info available through the EGL communities and even a condensed version to handout during the panel.

♥︎Lifestyle Lolita 101♥︎

With what would Lifestyler do in day to day life and what can make them more lifestyly. This one I would love if someone made rather tongue-in-cheek with tips and polls and all sorts of fun and funny factoids about Lolita lifestylers and habits, hobbies, and budgeting and the sort. As one who feels a bit like a lifestyler I think a panel like this could be fun and interesting if done right.

♥︎Afternoon Tea In The Lolita Community♥︎

This is something I'm actually hoping to undertake for RC2015. I would like to be more informative about something most within the community enjoy and have tips and ideas compiled for making them more than  simple tea and differentiate the many different branches of Afternoon Tea as there is more than one style. I would like to also bring in small handouts with etiquette and meet up theme and games to revolve around both the fashion and the tea as well. To make it more 3dimensional I'd also like and have a sort o mini tea prepped with maybe a dessert or two and a small selection of tea. I also think that, tea drinker or not, many in the Lolita community already enjoy the atmosphere and it would be fun to have meet up plans highlighted.

I would be super excited for something like any of these but this small list is not the only ones I can think of and there are others who have dream Lolita panel ideas over at the LBC. Check those who participated out below!

 

5 comments:

  1. The 3rd idea sounds really interesting, I would love to hear such a panel too! Or even organize something like this.
    I always wanted to make a panel about the history of Lolita, but I'm afraid that noone wants to visit that panel >_< (Because we don't have Lolita-only conventions here, only Anime and Manga Conventions).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be excellent to have a panel on the history of Lolita fashion! It could definitely be really fun and interesting and I know a bunch of others would like it, too. Do it!

      Luckily with Rufflecon it's also a bunch of other alternative fashions that some enjoy afternoon teas too. I'm hoping and thinking it would appeal to more than just Lolita fashion and that it could really fun for everyone if I can plan it just right.

      Delete
  2. All wonderful ideas, especially the first. When first starting, I wasn't sure exactly on how to care for my garments, since Lolita clothing tends to be very detailed. It would really benefit beginners

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful ideas, especially the first. When first starting, I wasn't sure exactly on how to care for my garments, since Lolita clothing tends to be very detailed. It would really benefit beginners

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful ideas, especially the first. When first starting, I wasn't sure exactly on how to care for my garments, since Lolita clothing tends to be very detailed. It would really benefit beginners

    ReplyDelete