Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Brace Your Frilly Bloomers...Spring Is Coming...

Are you ready for the influx of outdoor frilly adventures?


Last weekend was the annual Japanese Festival in Boston on the Commons and all the frillettes were out in full force for the event. There was so much to do and see and since this was a very relaxed meet everyone seemed was here and there. It went for a few hours so if you weren't able to come early enough (shakes fist at traffic!) you wouldn't miss everything. I was able to spot friends and chat and enjoy time with them and meet new faces as well. 


I was also excited for this particular meet as I was on a mission to take as many pictures of people as possible for a project I'm doing. I failed miserably though as opposed to taking enough pictures of everyone else I was bombarded with so many requests for pictures by event attendees it was ridiculous! I'm not sure there was a single one of us that got out unscathed and though it was tiring it was fun. It was also really nice to see so many people excited about Lolita fashion and anyone who had questions about what we were wearing it was very politely asked and no one heckled. 


My husband and his family went up together this year and my niece had dressed up in Lolita as well. She had planned out her coord for about a week or so and went out to buy some jewelry to go which was really nice. (I have more on her journey into frills for another post involving the fabric store.) 



The cherry blossoms had started to bloom which was really nice, they were a gift from Japan about 3 years ago. We had gone out the first year when they had been first planted and now we finally get to see the result.
There were a lot of things that happened during the meet and I hope to get to the next one next year. My biggest goal is to actually get a crepe and score some okonomiyaki, which I have yet to have...Hopefully next year. 

Photo By: Q-T Photography

I'm not sure about everyone else but I am so ready for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment