Saturday, January 2, 2016

Lolita 52 Challenge: 5 Movies For Lolitas

I almost missed this weeks!

I think one of the most difficult things to choose that is relatable to this fashion are books, music, and movies due to the fact that there aren't really any that live and breathe the fashion aside from Kamikaze girls. I will not add that to this list simply because it's the biggest go to and if you haven't watched it yet you should give it a go. This list is a short list, however, of what speaks to me and I find fits with my idea of the aesthetics of Lolita. I don't want to do any of the normal go to movies really, they should go without saying (Little Women, Alice in Wonderland, Little Princess, etc).


1) Crimson Peak - Because what fabulous frilly doesn't want to be locked up in that house with all that furniture and crazy dead people and sense of adventure? I don't think I have to mention the fine perks of a proper English gentleman.


2) Sleepy Hollow - The movies I tend to like and feel suits Lolita fashion happens to be more of the gothic and adventurous. Sleepy Hollow has always been a favorite book of mine and the movie brought a great deal of wonderful imagery with it.


3) Mirror Mask - All the colors in this piece and the storyline makes me feel like I'm diving into another world and I feel that same pull with Lolita fashion. I guess the imagery of falling into a strange and wild world is what makes me feel like this fits in with the fashion.


4) Interview With A Vampire - The clothing in this - with the exception of modern clothing - are wonderfully decadent and I would love to have more in my wardrobe like this in classic and gothic tones. The story to me is fitting for the frills.


5) Princess Bride - There is excellent wardrobe, great adventure of several varieties, and true love (or to blathe, whichever way you wish to see it). Every time I see this film I want to create a new piece inspired by Buttercups wardrobe.

So what I think are great movies for frillies are these and I'm sure many do enjoy them but that's about it. These are just a few of the movies I'd choose and none of the tv shows I'd pick, there are quite a few of those too. I have another challenge I have to attend to so I'm about to brew a pot of tea and get to it. If you haven't seen a few of these maybe you should get cozy and get yourself a spot of tea too for a fun movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment