Friday, August 25, 2017

LBC: Create An Unconventional Meet And It's Itinerary

I'm back!

It's been a bit of a wild few months, I've been running amok trying to fill witch bonnet orders, work on one of my many prints (I am learning photoshop because I am an idiot and not an artist but I wouldn't be able to sit still while someone works on this particular print), expanding my tea cup collection, and of course going to and fro to meets.

And speaking of meets, I just vended at my first event for my local comm's J Fashion Mega Meet. I meant to blog about it before but I goofed and was night and day crafting and sewing for it. It was quite splendid!

Anywho, back to the topic in question, which also involves meets, unconventional meets at that, I have one or two that I'm quite willing to do but for now I will write about this one:

Exhibition Meet

In truth, I've already got all the info squared away on this particular meet as I have been planning to host it for a while but it has come down to scheduling and pricing.

The idea behind this is for members of the local frilly community to be able to demonstrate their skills and talents. Everyone from musicians, performers, designers, and artists would be able to showcase their abilities, this sort of event would give the proper platform for it.

This sort of event is simple and small enough to do on a small scale and can be done in a variety of places. The main necessity is enough space for seating and space for instruments. The way I initially planned it out was to host it in a location that already has ample seating and a working, tuned, piano, if there is even a sort of stage area that makes things run even better, though not necessary. There simply needs to be space to separate artists and performers from those seated with comfort. It's never good to scrunch.

One of my dreams for this type of event was to host it in a style very similar to Victorian exhibitions so I've hoped to hold it somewhere with a sort of similar decoration, great for pictures. Another great aspect in many of the locations I've looked into actually host afternoon tea services as well, which I think also adds to the experience as well as feeds guests.

However, the most important part of the event would, of course, be the entertainment which would be carefully be prepared by the guests themselves. Each piece would require approval up until 2 weeks prior to the meet but at least 2 months to submit beforehand. The next part would be to order all of the exhibitionists into a comprehensive schedule, allowing sets that require more break down time towards the end or seamless model transitions to have the time they need.

All of the performances would occur while the tea service - in my version of this meet there would be a tea service- was being done, that way people could enjoy delicious sweets while they watched. This also keeps the event from being bogged down or making people eat and then watch performance after performance. It also allows everyone a segment of time (approximately 6 minutes each) to present something special without having to be restricted in a total production set up. It is a much more relaxed atmosphere to enjoy.

And as for what is considered for a set it really can be anything. There of course would be musicians and vocalists, actors and dancers, and artists too, but there could be a ventriloquist, magician, or poets, designers would be able to have segments for 2-4 models to walk, and all that would be required is taking the venues space into consideration - usually a place with good lighting and semi-decent acoustics - and people would have to submit previous works to be approved for a time slot.

This sort of meet does take a TON of work, do not get me wrong, but I really think it would be wonderful to host this sometime soon. It's certainly in my books for the future. I'm sorry if I rambled a bit in this post, I haven't written in a while and I figured to just put something out.

This post was brought to you by the Lolita Blog Carnival and this weeks topic! If you want to read someone else's unconventional meet ideas check them out in the links below!





No comments:

Post a Comment